Thursday, August 21, 2008

Update

So, I know it has been awhile since I have posted, but you know life happens.

I was trying to think of all the things that we have been up to lately and there were so many different things I wanted to remember but already forgot! Ha!

First, Happy Birthday to Granny Ma! We love you so much.

Next, there were two things that I wanted to share with the blog world about Mylie. She has been climbing up the walls! That girl makes my heart jump every minute. She is climbing on the dining room chairs, the couch, the entertainment center, anything she can get her hands and feet on, she is climbing. I told Justin that we are going to have to turn our furniture upside down to keep her safe. I did resort to moving the chairs into the laundry room the other morning, because I got really tired of telling her not to get on them. My friend laughed when I told her that. She said, " Are you never gonna let her sit in a chair because she fell off of one?" I thought it was a good idea..... Anyone know were to buy a plastic bubble?

Mylie has learned how to give kisses. Real ones. She purses her lips together while making the "mmmmmmm" sound and then when she makes contact, she says "aaa". It is so stinkin' cute.

The child has a major vocabulary and an opinion about everything. She can say, hello, bye bye, momma, daddy, mimi, nanny, pop pop, Jesse, nite, nite, NO, apple, door, balloon, dog, beep beep for car, more, sing, itsy for itsy bitsy spider, and many more I am probably leaving out.

The kiss thing just gets me. I sure when she can say "I love you" it will be even better. For her to be able to show affection that way just melts my heart. She runs to give Justin a kiss when he gets home from work. The other day a Sunday School, she gave Mrs Rosser three kisses while telling her bye. Totally unprompted and so so cute.

Today we were fortunate to receive a free little tykes toddler slide. Someone at church was giving it away. Mylie LOVES it! I am hoping this gives her something to climb on rather than the furniture. She knew exactly what to do and how to do it. I didn't have to show her how to go down, she did it all by herself! She is growing up way to fast.

O.K. so I am tired and going to go to bed now, Gail and I are going to the Quilt Show in Nashville tomorrow, so I need my rest. Ha!

Oh, I have some pics I would like to get on my computer from my phone, does anyone know how to do that? Please help if you do. Email or comment will be fine.

3 comments:

Jess said...

must be the age..barker is climbing on everything! (dining room table, chairs, changing tables, beds..etc!!)and jumpin off of everything too.hes way too brave to be so little! i cant leave him for a minute!!

Kirby Williams said...

UPDATE!

Dusty Brown said...

U can picture message them to your email address and then save them or you can hook up your phone to your computer via the phone's USB cord adn it should be self explanatory.

BTW, those acts of affection are tremendous, aren't they? Both of our kids was big on patting our backs while they laid their heads on our shoulders. Ahhhhhh! It makes me smile inside just thinking about it.