Monday, November 5, 2007

Rainy Night

I know we need the rain but I don't like the tornado warnings that is sometimes brings. It made me realize that I need to clean out the closet under the stairs so that we will have a place to wait them out. I guess that will get done around Christmas time since that is the next time I will think about the closet. That's where the Christmas tree is located.

I am enjoying being home with Mylie so much. I was worried that I would miss work or that this whole thing would not work out, but it has. I couldn't be happier. You never truly understand what it is like being a parent until you are one. I thought I had an idea before she was born, but I didn't. My friend told me before she was born that it was like wearing your heart on the outside. It truly is. I love her so much it hurts! She is now putting herself to sleep. I can lay her down in her crib when she is tired and she will go off to sleep by herself. I miss rocking her, but I know this is the best for us both.

This picture is of Mylie at her Granna's and Dza Dza house this weekend. The weather was so nice and the leaves were starting to change. Granna has a great camera that used to take a few pictures with. We ended up with over 300! We had so much fun. They grilled out some steaks and we had a very relaxing day. Justin and Jay worked on the boat for an upcoming fishing trip. I don't think Justin has been fishing since Mylie was born. I am sure he is looking forward to getting back to his hobby.


I can't believe it's November already. I have got to get started on my Christmas shopping. It will be here before we know it! Hope everyone is having a great week.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Jen enjoy every moment of her life, their childhood passes so quickly and what you said about parenting, you never truly know until you experience it! You and Justin are doing a beautiful job with her and it shows in her amazing smile.
Hugs
Sheila

Anonymous said...

That is such a sweet picture!

Kirby Williams said...

Oh my gosh that pic is gorgeous. She is such a doll. She must get that from me. LOL. Love ya and hope to see you all soon.