Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Make New Friends...

I had forgotten how fun it is to make new friends until recently. While I was pregnant, Justin and I signed up for a prenatal and child birth class at the hospital. Little did we know we would gain so much from that class. Not only did we learn what to expect in delivery, but we met some of the nicest people too. We made friends with three other couples expecting their first child as well. We all became friends fast. We started by getting together to have dinner. It soon became a weekly tradition. We were all due about the same time and said we would get together after the babies were born. Well, little did we know that our next meeting would be in the hospital! Mylie was born on the 15th and two of the other girls had their babies on the 17th. All but one of us was in L & D at the same time. The other baby came a couple of weeks later. After everyone recovered, we started our dinners again. This week dinner was at our house. I fixed a salad and cooked baked spaghetti for dinner. For desert, I dipped strawberries and marshmallows in chocolate! Yum! One of the girls brought peanut butter chocolate bars too. They were delicious. The guys always sit out side and chat, while us girls talk inside with the babies. I think it will be so much fun watching them grow up together. I hope we stay friends a long time. There are two girls and two boys in the bunch. Now we are planning a vacation together. Smokey Mountains here we come!

**Mylie did such a good job at her pictures yesterday! I cant wait to share them! Her daddy was there with us and boy did he make her smile!

3 comments:

Kirby Williams said...

I can't wait to see her pictures. She is so stinkin cute. I love her to death. Did you look at Connor's?

Tamara said...

So glad you are enjoying your new friends...one of these days, I would like to meet them! :)

Alison Cummins said...

I saw your mom today at in-service and guess what our topic of conversation was??????? You guessed it...Mylie Rae. She is so proud of you two!!!
Love you alot.
A