Monday, January 28, 2008

On the Move!

Mylie took some steps today, walking behind her push toy. For the past couple of days she has been very intent on pulling up on the couch and moving slowly back and forth. I did not think she would be able to use the push toy yet, but she proved me wrong! I have it on video and will try to figure out how to put it up here for you to see. We are very excited and scared at the same time. She has not conquered falling yet. Sometimes, she will fall on her bottom, others she goes forward or to the side, without much grace.

Also, I have gotten crafty again. I MADE A DRESS. It was so much fun and easier than I expected. All I have left to finish is the button holes and the him. I even covered buttons with the same material! I am so proud of myself. I hope to make many more. It is very rewarding to see her wearing something that I made!


7 comments:

Grammie said...

Jennifer,
I am so proud of you! I love the dress and can't wait to see Mylie in it. I hope you can put up the video of Mylie's first steps. You took your first steps when we were at Granny's. She was so excited and Grandad danced all around the room. Of course, you did it over and over again.
Love you, Mom

Grammie said...

Hi Jenn,
You did a great job on Mylie's dress. I heard that you have the buuton holes done. I'm proud of you.
Love, Nanny & Poppa

Tamara said...

It is sooo awesome! Can't wait to have one for Evy!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

You are becoming a true homemaker girl! I am so proud. I am in awe of people who can sew. I sewed once in Home Ec in high school. Pulled one string after it was through and modeled, it all fell apart. That was the beginning and the ending of my sewing career. Hope Mylie is feeling better. Love to all!

Elizabeth S said...

So cute! Maybe I should take up sewing in my free time. HA HA!!!

Alison Cummins said...

Looks good! I can't wait to see her in it!!!

Anonymous said...

That dress is so cute! I got a sewing machine for Christmas. I have been so excited and wanting to make something...but I just haven't slowed down long enough to do it...LOL!