Friday, January 4, 2008

Planning a Vacation

So, I have done a little research and I would love to go to Tybee Island this summer. It looks beautiful and it is not very far from Savannah, GA. So, my problem, I have never been and I'm not sure where we should stay. I have looked the rentals over and over that come up on Google, but still not sure. I am very leery of staying somewhere for the first time. I ask that if you know anything about Tybee Island and where to stay or eat or anything, please comment and let me know. Good or Bad. We are looking for at least a 2 bed 2 bath, possibly more, depending on who all in the family says they want to go. Word has it that Paula Deen's new restaurant is open in Savannah, so I am sure we will be going there one night! Oooooh I can't wait.

Hope the new year has started off well for everyone!

4 comments:

Stephanie Smith said...

Oh, I LOVE Tybee Island. We went when I was really young and it was still very small, but my mom went last year and still said it was beautiful - despite having more tourists.

I'm not sure where you should stay, but you'll love it!

Alison Cummins said...

I have heard wonderful things about Tybee, so I know it would be great. As far as where to stay, I am clueless. I think Kirby, Regan and Tish went a few years ago; they will know.

XOXO

Stephanie Smith said...

Yes, it would be. It's like the only thing that saves me when kids come over. We don't have any toys, so the GIANT teddy bear always works! lol

I know - I was thinking about you the other day. We should get together. I bet you're glad you don't have to do that tax crap this year!! No fun!!!

Let's plan an outing sometime!!

In Yer Codez said...

Yes, Uncle Bubba's Oyster House is open and it's on the road out to Tybee and quite honestly the food is great. There are plenty of rentals available and keep in mind the island is only about 5 blocks wide and a couple miles long so there aren't any bad spots. If you need more information please feel free to drop me a line at phil'remove-me'@pauladeen.com