Wednesday, August 8, 2007

How hot is it?

So, while I was at work yesterday, Justin was keeping Mylie. He called and said that we had a problem. Of course, everything possible started running through my mind. He said our air conditioning had went out. Great, I thought. When it rains it pours. Our freezer had just went out the day before and we had to go and get a new one. All of my milk had thawed and ruined. Anyway, I finished up at work, and went home to get Mylie. When I got home, Justin was hot and irritated. Mylie was asleep in the pack and play in just a diaper. She was still sweaty. I loaded us up and went to a friends house for dinner while Justin waited on Rosco Brown to come and fix the air. Luckily, they got there in a couple of hours and Justin was able to come and eat dinner with us. Our compressor had gone out and most of it was still under warranty. The man said it might be cool by in the morning, so Mylie and I went to stay at Grammie's house for the night. We had so much fun. Mom, Nanny, Poppa, and I staid up until midnight talking. Nanny was working on a scrapbook about her childhood. She and Poppa shared some very interesting stories. It is amazing to get a glimpse of their childhood. Nanny was raised in the city while Poppa was a country boy. It is funny how different things were for them. I wonder what my grandchildren will think of our life now. What things will there be in 40 something years, that they wont believe that we lived without? Mylie will not know a world with out computers and cell phones. She will not ever live in a neighborhood where you can leave your door unlocked during the day time. Name one thing that has come along in your life time that you could not live without now. Post a comment!

We are back at home now, and the air is much cooler! Cant wait to get that electric bill!

4 comments:

Tamara said...

When did HGTV come about? I am thinking it's been in my lifetime, tee hee! :) That's mine! Glad your air is ok! XXOXO

Alison Cummins said...

Wow, there are so many things that I couldn't live without, I have no idea where to begin. I guess mine would be the microwave. My family would probably starve without one. But after going to see Paula Deen live, I have made a promise to myself to cook more. Sorry about your bad luck...you could have stayed with us. Salem was here last night too, so we would have had a blast.
Love you!

Mylie and Me said...

Alison, you are not that old. The microwave was around before you, right?

Alison Cummins said...

Probably, but I remember us getting one when I was about 4 and it was HUGE. I will have to do a little research on that one. Oh and the old comment, I will let slide...because I know someone that is right behind me!!!:)
Love you!