Friday, August 3, 2007

Two nights in a row!!

Mylie has slept in her own bed, with the lights off and the door shut! Now, before this, some of you know Mylie was sleeping through the night, but she was sleeping in OUR bed. We decided to try and see if she would sleep in her own bed. So, we started out by letting her take naps in her bed and then put her to sleep in her bed the other night. I slept so much better and I think she did too! Both mornings, I have had to wake her to feed her. She was kind of awake, but not fully awake so I brought her in my bedroom to nurse. She is still taking her naps through the day and seems a little happier. I hope she is sleeping much better. Last night, I woke three times, not because of a noise, but because of the lack of noise. I would stare at the monitor waiting for her to wake up, but she didn't. I also missed snuggling with her, but I know this is for the best.

Also, I have quit one of my bad habits! I have been without it for 36 hours and counting. I am struggling today and chewing the inside of my lips! So, please leave a comment and say something encouraging.

We are off to visit Poppa D for the next few days! Have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Kirby Williams said...

Mylie Rae I am so proud of you. Connor must have felt your vibe because he slept all night last night too. I was scared to death when I got up this morning. Oh and Jenn Jenn I am VERY proud of you. I love you both so much and will see you at Pap's house!

Tamara said...

I am so proud of both of you!! Those are amazing and remarkable accomplishements! You are about officially on the day when all of the yuck is out of your system...now count down for 18 more days until you have officially "Broken the habit". I know you can do this. I know you can! I am so impressed with you! I can't wait to take care of my sweet little Mylie, I love you guys so much!!! You make me smile...thanks! :) YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Alison Cummins said...

That is fabulous Jenn!!! I am so proud of both of you! I know it will be very difficult, but it is the best thing you will ever do for yourself. I hope you guys have fun this weekend. Give Papa D and Bubbles our love.

A

Kirby Williams said...

Alison it is Pap and Emmy get it right girl! haha love you.

Stephanie Smith said...

Yay for you! Call me if you need me to tell you a story to get your mind off things! lol

Mim said...

WOW!!!!! I am totally giving you 2 thumbs up for giving up your"habit." You have already take the hardest step. Give my precious Mylie a smooch from Aunt E. Give your dad and Bubbles my love!