Monday, October 13, 2008

Our Final Days in Houston

Saturday we went to the outlet mall, Houston Premium, that was really close to Nana's house. They had tons of cool stores. I did a little Christmas Shopping and also got Mylie and I new pair of tennis shoes from New Balance. I got a cool pair for 31 dollars total and Mylie's were pink and grey for $10. I couldn't believe how cheap they were. That is usually what I pay for my shoes at Marty and Liz in Murfreesboro. Later that day we went back to the house to swim and have dinner. Oh, for lunch, we went back to Chewy's and I ate my weight in chips and creamy jalapeno dip. I have got to figure that recipe out. It is sooooo good! When I get it down, I will post it so all of you can try it. Don't think Tamara and I didn't debate how we could get some of that stuff home. Were were thinking about dry ice. Ha!

Sunday we celebrated Tamara's Birthday. It isn't until the 15th, but since she wouldn't be there, they celebrated early. She got to pick the meal so we ate, flank steak marinated in Uncle Ron's Flank Steak Marinade, fresh steamed asparagus, cream corn, garlic bread, and Tamara had a special side all to her self, a artichoke. She is the only one who got one because they are really expensive. We spent the whole day by the pool in an attempt to keep the kids out of the car.

Today, we got up and got the last of our things together and left Texas. We got to our hotel about 5, and headed straight for the pool. Ha! We thought that would give the kids some good exercise since we have been traveling in the car for more than 6 hours. Now, the kids are asleep and Tamara and I are in our beds, both on our computers and watching t.v. life is good.

Please pray we have a save trip home tomorrow!

No comments: