Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wednesday in TX




Today, we walked to the park to let the kids play and enjoy some time outside. The weather was beautiful this morning. It wasn't very hot and nice walking weather. The park is about a mile away from Nana's house. The pathway winds through what they call the Bayou. It is in their neighborhood. Yes, it's that big of a neighborhood. The kids had a blast playing but the play things were a little bit too tall for Mylie to do by herself. So, she improvised. She found a stump to play with. I gave her a stick and some pine needles and she cleaned off the stump. She is always cleaning while playing. I know that she doesn't get this from me, it must be her Mimi. Ha!
After the park, we walked back to the house and loaded up to head for lunch. We went to Ph'o restaurant to eat. It is Vietnamese. We ordered white meat chicken soup. It had chicken broth, chicken, and clear noodles. It also contained some different spices. I tried my best to eat it but I had to stop because something didn't feel like it would settle right on my stomach. I gave the rest to Tyler to eat. She loved it. I love the fact that Houston has so many different eating options. The number of different cuisines is countless here. I am really enjoying being able to sample them. Tamara was concerned that I would be upset since I didn't like lunch. I totally expected not to like everything I try, but to at least try it out. We made a run through the drive through at Wendy's after lunch. Ha!
Then we headed back to the house for naps, then more swimming before dinner. After the kids went to bed, one of Nana's friends came over with brownies and we all watched the movie Baby Momma. It was just as funny as the first time I saw it. Now, it's late and I am in bed trying to hold my eyes open. I know I should sleep because with Tamara there is never a dull moment. We have the lots more on our list of things to do in Houston. So, stay tuned!

No comments: