Monday, June 2, 2008

Day 4

Yesterday we woke up around 7 and at breakfast then got ready for a morning at the beach. Within 30 mins. of being at the beach, Mylie was ready for her nap. She was worn out. We sat by the waves and she settled down. Then mom decided she would take Mylie up to the condo for her nap. Justin and I stayed down at the ocean for about another hour. We ate lunch here at the condo. Mom, Nanny, Mylie and I went out for a little shopping. Nanny found some really pretty jewelry, Mom found some cute capris, and I got the paisley purse I wanted. We then went to find some fresh seafood for dinner. We found a wonderful seafood market and bought 2.5 lbs of steamed shrimp, oysters, and scallops. We also got items to make a salad. I got some chicken for me since I am not a big seafood eater. Nanny fried the oysters and scallops and we had a wonderful dinner here at the condo. Poppa said it was better than eating at a restaurant. After dinner, Mom, Justin, Mylie and I went to walk on the beach. Mylie had other plans. She would walk toward the condo or toward the ocean. She did not want to walk along the beach. Her toe keep catching the sand and she would fall down. One time she fell in a puddle and got her belly all wet! Ha! She was covered in sand by the time we got back to the condo. Needless to say, she was exhausted and ready for a bath and then bed. After she went down, we all sat on the balcony and talked for a few hours. Poppa and Justin traded stories as Mom, Nanny and I listened. We had a really good time just sitting and talking.

2 comments:

Elizabeth S said...

I am so glad you guys are having a good trip. We leave on Sunday and I am soooo excited. Reading these posts makes me even more ready!! Love you.

Unknown said...

Jen - I am glad you all are having a good time at the beach! May all your days be fun and enjoy spending time with your family. That is what it is all about girl!!!